Stronger Communities Grants
Expressions of Interest for the 2021 Newcastle Stronger Communities Grants (NSCG) program Round 6 are now open.
The NSCG program offers grants of between $2,500 and $20,000 to community based organisation for capital projects that deliver social benefit. This year, there is no requirement for matched funding and applicants can apply for up to 100% of the project cost. The exception being local government bodies where the grant amount can only be up to 50% of eligible project costs.
Some of the recipients of the last NSCG round include:
- $18,766 to Hunter Brain Injury Respite Options to make modifications to one of their respite properties
- $8,624 to Newcastle ArtSpace for a makeover including new entrance doors and exhibit wall
- $12,500 to Adamstown Bowling Club to upgrade the green and toilets for improved disability access
- $10,030 to Elermore Vale Men's Shed for a full electrical fit-out of the new shed
- $12,730 to Jenny’s Place to purchase a new car to improve community access and transport for victims of domestic and family violence
- $3,900 to ComputerPals Newcastle to replace old computers and data projectors
- $12,450 to Young People’s Theatre to refurbish the theatre to comply with fire regulations
- $10,500 to Mark Hughes Foundation to purchase a community vehicle to transport brain cancer patients and their families
- $2,500 to Headspace Newcastle for an Aboriginal art installation
- $17,500 to Stockton Tennis Club to replace the synthetic grass court
Am I eligible?
The project must be located in the Newcastle electorate
To be eligible for funding an applicant must:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
AND be one of the following entities:
- An incorporated not-for-profit organisation (the grant opportunity guidelines provide detail on how you must demonstrate you not-for-profit status)
- A local governing body as defined by the Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995
- An incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust with responsibility for a community asset or property. You will be required to provide relevant trust documents.
How do I apply?
Expressions of Interest are now open and will close at 5pm on Friday, 19 February 2021
Please note: lodging an Expression of Interest does NOT guarantee being selected as an applicant. The Newcastle community selection panel will be prioritising projects of lasting and real benefit to our community. Successful organisations will be requested to submit a more detailed Project Application in March 2021.
In the meantime, if you have any questions please email me at [email protected] or call my office on 4926 1555.