Powering Communities Grant Program
Newcastle Powering Communities Grants Expressions of Interest NOW OPEN
I’m writing to let you know that Expressions of Interest (EOI) for the 2021 Newcastle Powering Communities Program (PCP) grants are now open. I encourage you to consider applying if you have projects that may be eligible for funding.
Under the PCP, a maximum of 12 grants between $5,000 and $12,000 are available to Newcastle community-based organisations for the purpose of improving their energy efficiency practices and lowering their energy bills.
Eligible grant activities include:
- Upgrading equipment to reduce energy consumption
- Installing equipment to reduce energy consumption
- Undertaking energy audits
- Investing in energy measuring, monitoring and management systems (e.g. electricity and gas metering equipment)
These grants can be used for projects like installing solar panels, batteries to store solar energy, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, changing lighting to energy efficient LEDs, or purchasing energy efficient commercial appliances.
There is no requirement for matched funding, so applicants can apply for up to 100% of the project cost. Your project must be completed by 20 June 2022. Please note that I cannot fund your project if it receives funding from another Commonwealth, State or Territory government grant.
Am I eligible?
The project must be located in the Newcastle electorate, and the applicant must:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
AND be one of the following entities:
- An incorporated not-for-profit organisation (the grant opportunity guidelines provide detail on how you must demonstrate you not-for-profit status)
- An incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust with responsibility for a community asset or property. You will be required to provide relevant trust documents.
How do I apply?
Expressions of Interest are now open and will close at 11.59pm on Friday, 21 May 2021
SUBMIT YOUR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST HERE
Please note: lodging an Expression of Interest does NOT guarantee being selected as an applicant. The Newcastle community selection panel will be prioritising projects of lasting and real benefit to our community. Successful organisations will be requested to submit a more detailed Project Application in July 2021.
In the meantime, if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email me at [email protected] or call my office on (02) 4926 1555.