PLANTING TREES FOR THE QUEEN’S JUBILEE GRANT 2022
Nominations are now open to community-based groups across the Newcastle electorate for tree-planting events to mark Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II’s 70 years of service.
This national program aims to raise awareness of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, while also improving the nation’s tree canopy.
Nominations close 5pm Friday 25 March 2022.
Grant amounts ranging between $2,500 and $20,000 are available for up to 10 community-based projects that will:
- Plant regionally appropriate trees with an eventual mature height of two metres or more in a long-term position;
- Conduct a formal commemorative event in association with the plantings; and
- Install a Queen’s Jubilee plaque/signage
Please note that your organisation must be able to complete all three of the above requirements in order to be eligible for funding.
Projects must be completed by November 2023 and a formal commemorative event must be held before the end of 2022.
Am I eligible?
The project must be located in the Newcastle electorate
To be eligible for funding an applicant must:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
AND be one of the following entities:
- An incorporated not-for-profit organisation (the Grant Opportunity Guidelines provide detail on how you must demonstrate your not-for-profit status)
- A local governing body as defined by the Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995
- An incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust with responsibility for a community asset or property. You will be required to provide relevant trust documents
- NSW Public Schools are eligible however they must be sponsored by the NSW Department of Education
Further information and Program guidelines are available here.
How do I apply?
Expressions of Interest are now open and will close at 5pm on Friday, 25 March 2022
SUBMIT YOUR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST HERE
Please note: lodging an Expression of Interest does NOT guarantee being selected as an applicant. The Newcastle community selection panel will be prioritising projects of lasting and real benefit to our community. Successful organisations will be requested to submit a more detailed Project Application in April 2022.
In the meantime, if you have any questions please email me at [email protected] or call my office on 4926 1555.