Stronger Communities Grants
Expressions of Interest for the 2021 Newcastle Stronger Communities Grants (NSCG) program Round 7 are now open.
The NSCG program offers grants of between $2,500 and $20,000 to community based organisation for capital projects that deliver social benefit. This year, there is no requirement for matched funding and applicants can apply for up to 100% of the project cost. The exception being local government bodies where the grant amount can only be up to 50% of eligible project costs.
Some of the recipients of the last NSCG round include:
- $16,500 to the Regal Cinema for a new projector and air conditioning upgrade
- $4,000 to OzHarvest Newcastle to upgrade their refrigerator
- $8,600 to Nova for Women and Children to upgrade the decals on their community van
- $10,000 to Glendore Child Care Centre to upgrade their play spaces
- $13,087 to Incubator of the Arts to install energy efficient LED lighting and completion of minor renovation work
- $3,400 to Newcastle Netball Association to purchase a new computer and tablets to assist them with administrative work
- $15,000 to Newcastle Pride to purchase new sound mixing equipment and a marquee for their Newcastle Pride festival
- $2,500 to Christ Church Cathedral Parish to assist with completion of renovations to their community kitchen
- $10,000 to the Islamic Centre of Newcastle to purchase a trailer and coffee machine for a mobile coffee trailer
Am I eligible?
The project must be located in the Newcastle electorate
To be eligible for funding an applicant must:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
AND be one of the following entities:
- An incorporated not-for-profit organisation (the grant opportunity guidelines provide detail on how you must demonstrate you not-for-profit status)
- A local governing body as defined by the Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995
- An incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust with responsibility for a community asset or property. You will be required to provide relevant trust documents.
How do I apply?
Expressions of Interest are now open and will close at 5pm on Friday, 26 November 2021
Please note: lodging an Expression of Interest does NOT guarantee being selected as an applicant. The Newcastle community selection panel will be prioritising projects of lasting and real benefit to our community. Successful organisations will be requested to submit a more detailed Project Application in December 2021.
In the meantime, if you have any questions please email me at [email protected] or call my office on 4926 1555.